Sunday, April 19, 2015

Meetings, interviews, installing new water filters, etc.

Hey guys! Spring break you say? Sounds like you made the most of it. That's probably the kind of spring break I'd prefer anyway. I actually have been to the Provo Beach Resort a few times. Just the surfing, but that was fun. I did it a lot with Alex and Noah. I unfortunately didn't ever go laser tagging or do the ropes course there, but whatever. Sounded like fun. And wahoo Jayson! Way to ask a girl to prom! When is that by the way? And what does it look like? Haha funny story about suits... My suit pants are getting tight. I've gained a little weight it seems. Hopefully I don't gain too much more. And congrats to Beccy and Austin! I hope everything goes smoothly with that. And Also congrats to Brandon! Sounds like it was an exciting week back at home. 

Oh, and speaking of temple dedications and Cordoba and stuff: No, unfortunately we don't get to go to Cordoba for the dedication. But we do get to watch it. We are in that temple district, after all. That'll be in Mayish. And woah! We're getting close to our next Skype too! That's weird! 

Unfortunately here, only a slightly productive week here as far as teaching investigators goes. This week was loaded with a lot of other random stuff. We had district meeting on Tuesday, interviews with President on Wednesday and a branch counsel meeting that night, on Thursday we had weekly planning session and we had to sit in our pension and wait for a matrimonio couple and a couple other missionaries to get to our area to inspect our pension and drop off a new water filter, and then Friday morning we had to sit in our pension and wait for some more people to come to our pension and install the water filter. And then Sunday we had church and zone meeting. This week was kind of loaded. Not that it was really unproductive, we just didn't have time to teach very much. All the meetings and the interview and stuff were really good actually. Kind of too much to tell, because there were so many meetings, but we've got some new ideas we're working on as a zone and in our branch that I think will be really good. We're focusing on getting people to do their family history in these little books we've got called Mi Familia. I've got to work on filling mine up with stories about people in the family and pictures and stuff. It'd be great if you guys sent me photos that I could cut out and paste in there. Haha honestly family history is something I've got to work on more... I've fortunately warmed up to it since I've been here in the mission. But anyway, we've got some new iniciativas! Hopefully some good will come of it. 

As far as investigators go, we're still going pretty good. Our investigator Mario that I told you guys about a couple weeks ago is still going great. We haven't been able to teach him, and for awhile we thought he was hiding from us because he didn't want us to teach him anymore or something, but we finally reestablished contact this week and he's still just as friendly to us and still wants us to come by. So that was a small miracle this week :)

That's about it though! This week should be pretty normal, I hope. And it's already the last week of the transfer... Holy cow. I get this feeling that Elder Inca's leaving next week and I'm going to get assigned district leader. Or train. Or both. (If I train it would be both, because our district is just us and 2 hermanas) We'll see what happens this Sunday. Great hearing from you guys though! Have a great week!


Elder Bingham

The inside of my next agenda (planner). I was kind of bored one day, and this came to my mind. 
Dragon Ball Z is a really big thing here. Haha

Zone pic! Kind of a little off center, and some people got cut out unfortunately. But Elder Ah You (the one I went on the intercambio p-day with last week) is the black guy right next to me in the center, and Elder Anderson (who's bringing that package very soon) is on the very left next to the short Mexican.

No comments:

Post a Comment