Monday, March 16, 2015

My Butt Hurts!

Hey guys! How's it all going? Glad to hear from you guys, once again. Enjoyed hearing about Pi Day. Unfortunately I don't know any pie recipes, so I couldn't really make pie here. Plus our new pension doesn't have gas for the stove. Plus I forgot it was Pi Day. So... Yep. I miss pie. Good job on the gymnastics routines Kyla! I don't really know much about gymnastics, but you deserve that 9. It stinks that they still didn't give it to you. Keep working hard. And I'm glad to hear that Jayson enjoyed preference, and that he's planning on going to Prom. That's good stuff right there. 

So, yeah. Good week here. This area's called Pocito. I'm not sure if I told you guys last week. Kind of a ironic subject line I realized, because Dad's subject line was "My legs hurt."  But here's the reason why: We have bikes! We ride them everywhere. This area is also super gigantic like my last one, and it is also a branch. Elder Inca says this area's like half of the zone of San Juan. So that's crazy. We share the area with two Hermanas, and that's our entire district. They've got a super small portion of the area that's got a ton of super awesome humble people there, from what I hear, and we've got everything else. It's fun. This is actually the first time in the mission I've been in a district with Hermanas. We at least have people to teach. We work a lot with less-actives here. We've got a few good investigators, but the majority of our work is less-actives. There's like 300 from what I hear, and we normally get about 30 at church every week. 

Elder Inca is pretty cool. He's got about 19 months in the mission. He works pretty hard, and we do get along pretty well. We get to make each other food a lot, because, unfortunately, we have like no lunches with members. But, I enjoy cooking. I made Philly Cheese Steaks! I actually made some on Monday for Elder Villatoro too, but they turned out really well. I think Grandpa Bingham would be proud. I only recently discovered that they have cream cheese here, so that would be the reason why. 

That's about it for this week, really. I still don't really know much about the people here that we normally teach, or anything like that. There's a lot of work to do here, which I'm excited for. Honestly this branch has got a lot of problems, but I'm glad I can be here to help. And plus a new gigantic super-active family just moved in to the branch this week, and they're super awesome. We're all excited to work with them. And plus just their family increased the number of people in church on Sundays by like 10ish. So, I'm excited to work here. I think it'll be a good next 6 weeks. 

Love you guys!


Elder Bingham


I FORGOT SOMETHING!

Just wanted to add a little bit to my letter this week. I just finished reading the Book of Mormon in spanish! Yesterday. It was probably my most favorite time reading the Book of Mormon. I know that the Lord has blessed me a lot for reading it, especially with the language. I don't have much problem with the language anymore. Or at least, it doesn't bother me much. I can usually mostly understand people, and speaking has gotten a lot easier as well. And, I can also say that I know with out a doubt that I know it's true. It was a super great experience reading it, and I learned a lot. 

And, I don't know if you guys realized, but I just started my girl mission this last week! Or at least, I come home in 18 months! I can't believe I'm already a quarter of the way done! 

Love you guys! You can add this email to my letter this week.

Elder Bingham

philly cheese steak! They were pretty good.

Me and Elder Inca! He's a little short, to be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment