Monday, March 9, 2015

Hello Again!

Hey guys! How's it going? Haha I'm super glad we don't have daylight savings here... Sounds like you guys suffered a little bit. Sounds like Jayson had a good time at Preference part 1, so that's good. I kind of did that clothes pinning thing one time for a date, and it was pretty fun. I didn't get to haul a couch around Salem though, so there's a bonus for Jayson. Hopefully it's even better this week! 

So, kind of a normal week, for the most part. Not much happened. We got a couple new investigators, taught a couple old ones, and walked around a lot again. But things are looking better in this area. And we did get to end the week with a baptism! Yep, Marcela got baptized on Saturday. It was a really good service. I think half the people there were missionaries, but whatever. And even though I only taught her for a week and a half, I'm still going to count it as one of my baptisms, or I'm going to write her name as one of the people I baptized in my Preach my Gospel. Because I would be in that area still if it weren't for that weird special transfer. And plus it was the first baptism I've gone to in Argentina. So yeah.... 

To answer Dad's sudden interest in our lime tree: It's really not super hot here. I'm not sure how or why we have a lime tree. But, it is pretty nice. When I made that limeade I basically just dumped a bunch of lime juice, sugar, water, and dulce de leche in the blender until it tasted right. I don't have a clue if there's actually sweetened condensed milk here, but dulce de leche is basically the same thing. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to be able to enjoy these limes much longer, because....

I'M GETTING TRANSFERRED AGAIN! Yep, you heard me right. We got transfer calls last night and it looks like I'm going back to San Juan, the hottest place on Earth. I'm kind of not really sure how I'm ever supposed to be able to baptize people if I move to a new area every transfer. But, whatever. At least my new companion has been there for awhile, I think. We both aren't brand new to the area like me and Elder Villatoro. And I'm getting another Latin! His name is Elder Inca from Perú. This should be fun. It's alright though... I'm not too bummed that I'm leaving. I think we left this area better than we found it, and I didn't really have much time to get to know any of the members really well or anything. And we didn't have any super golden investigators yet or anything. But, I will miss the lime tree. Haha. 

That's about it for this week! Pictures to come of the baptism and stuff!


Elder Bingham

Well, both of these pics are basically of the same thing. But there ya go. There weren't a lot of options for baptism clothes, so Marcela had to wear this super gigantic dress thing. It looked kind of funny. But whatever.



No comments:

Post a Comment