Monday, February 2, 2015

Reunited... After only 2 transfers?

Hola familia! Haha I've got some crazy stories this week to compete with the fact that Amaya's getting engaged! Maybe not as cool as that, but it was a fun week. But congratulations Amaya! And Charlie! I'm going to have like a new brother! Haha this has been on my mind for like 3 weeks straight... Kind of stinks that I'm missing all the action, but at least I get a cardboard cut-out of me. Haha. And also congratulations to Jayson for not getting an F. That's a bonus. 

So first things first, with this whole getting married thing. I've been thinking about something I can kind of do for a wedding gift or something these last few weeks. Elder Stocks is going home in like April and he said he might be able to take a package with him. I think I want to send you all jerseys of like the 2 biggest soccer teams down here. Their names are Boca or River.... Kind of weird. But I think I'm going to send all of you one. I'm personally from River, so bonus to whoever gets the River jerseys. Haha. The jerseys can be like 100 pesos each, so they're not too expensive. So once it gets closer to April I'll let you guys know with more information. 

So, I'm in Mendoza now! My companion's name is Elder Villatore, from Guatemala. He's pretty cool. He's a little quiet and shy, like me, but that just makes it all the better for us to practice talking to people on the street. Plus he only has like 2 more months than me on the mission. But the crazy part is is that I've been reunited with Elder Clarke! We are now living in the same pension. It's a much smaller pension than my last one, and unfortunately doesn't have air conditioning. Sleeping is a little rough sometimes. But Elder Clarke has been in this area for these last two transfers training but they didn't make him leave yet. He's got the same comp and everything. So we've been doing a lot of catching up these last few days. This ward is pretty cool, I think. They seem like nice people. They actually do have someone who plays the piano, unfortunately. But oh well. We've got some great investigators already and one who is probably most likely getting baptized in like 3 weeks! Wahoo! She's pretty cool, her name is Marcela. Her sister got baptized like 2 weeks ago too or something. Not a lot happened this week though. Me and Elder Villatore are both basically new to the area. This is his second transfer here, so we're still getting to know the place. 

This place is a little bit harder than San Juan, which does have its benefits actually. Not as many let us come to their houses to let us teach them, but I think the ones who do let us will be more rewarding. And there are way more crazy people here. For example: we have a less-active who believes God is a woman, there's this crazy lady that's sometimes on the street who came up to us the other day with her arms sticking out like a zombie and was like "I'M HUNGRY. GIVE ME FOOD." I was like really scared for my life, and we really didn't know what to do, so Elder Villatore gave her 20 pesos and we walked away very quickly. Also, someone tried to rob me this week! Wahoo! I think he saw my planner in my pocket and thought it was a huge Samsung Galaxy or something so he came up to me, with a knife and everything, and said "Give me your cellphone!" He reached into my pocket and pulled out my planner, which had a picture of Jesus on it, and then he dropped it and ran away. He didn't even take anything! Hahahaha. I think Jesus scared him off. So I hope that doesn't scare you too much, Mom. 

That's about it for this week! Congrats on the engagement! Love you guys!


Elder Bingham


Thought I'd get a picture of English class. This was a little bit staged.

Here's a picture of Cesar! That less-active I told you about. He's pretty cool.

Good bye to my dad! It was sad. 

Some of the members in my other area. I will miss them. 

funny pic of Elder Cupilla. He's totally black.

Here's our pension! 
From left: Elder Villatore, Elder Clarke, Elder Cupilla (from Urugüay) and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment