Monday, January 26, 2015

Transfers!!!!!

Hola familia! We had a slightly really awesome week here! Sounds I'll talk a little more about it in a minute! First of all, hahaha I really enjoyed those faceswaps. Thanks for those Kyla.... I laughed pretty hard. I thought especially Dad's face on Mom, Jayson's face on Kyla, and Charlie's face on Amaya were pretty freaky. Probably bizarre would be a better description. Hopefully Kyla's ankle gets better soon. Or at least mostly better. Those ankle injuries seem to make your ankle pretty weak for a long time. 

So yeah, like I said: good week! We had a few awesome miracles! First of all, for some reason this week I felt like doing a fast. We just watched this part in the District 2 as part of my training where a couple of the missionaries were having a hard time so they fasted that they could have a baptism, and it worked! So I wanted to do the same thing, or just that we could find someone that was really prepared to be baptized or return to church. Probably the first time I've ever REALLY wanted to fast. It was a bit hard in this heat, but in the end, we were really blessed. Right as our fast was nearly over we were getting a ride home from this less-active member who's a taxi driver basically, and we get rides for free from them. But for some reason he opened up to us and told us he had been struggling with some depression and was going through a hard time at the moment. We briefly shared a little bit of the Plan of Salvation and said a prayer with him, and it was super awesome! I really think we can help him.

Also on saturday we found this lady named María who was about to be baptized like 10 years ago when she was like 10, but something came up and it didn't happen. But we found her saturday and taught her a lesson, and she came to church on sunday! Wahoo! That like never happens! She's totally prepared! 

Also this week we achieved the nearly impossible goal of the stake of having 10 lessons with members this week! The most we've ever gotten is 7, and I'm pretty sure it's been hard for any of the other missionaries in the stake to get 10 too. But we did it! Fasting rules!

So that's that. Nelson and Luciana are still doing pretty well. We taught them about the Book of Mormon this week, and had help from a CRAZY member who was spouting all sorts of doctrine that I knew for sure didn't make any sense to these people, but the spirit was there, so I think it went well. 

But transfers! I'm getting out of this heat! I'm a little sad to leave these awesome members and investigators here, because really we were having a lot of success. No baptisms, but when I thought about it this week, we've found lots of prepared people to be baptized, and also we've helped and currently are helping a lot of less-actives come back to church. Just goes to show that you don't need baptisms to be a successful missionary! But now I'm going to the big city of Mendoza! Like the main city basically I think! Not really my type, but at least it won't be so blasted hot. 

That's it for this week! Love you all!

Elder Bingham




Lunch with my favorite family in the ward, the Torres! Their daughter just got back from her mission in Brasil this week, and she's having a really hard time speaking Spanish. It's kind of funny! I can even tell that her accent is still very Portugese sounding. She'd be the one in back in the black/white shirt.

So we bought a giant "Lomo pizza." That's what it's called. 
I'm pretty sure it wasn't even close to what Americans would call pizza, but it was good!

Elder Stocks eating an empanada. VERY sexy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment