Monday, March 28, 2016

Elder Levander is pregnant!

Hello everyone! Happy Easter! 

Maybe I should actually say happy semana santa. Nobody actually seems to celebrate Easter here specifically, just this whole week they've been doing things with the semana santa, or the holy week. Is that what we say in English? It's a lot like Spain, Mom. They celebrate a lot, but they celebrate everything except for the day that Jesus was resurrected. Especially día de Calvario, or the day Jesus went to Calvary. There's a gigantic Catholic church here in our area and everyone came to it that day to celebrate. It looked like fun... But 2 mormon missionaries going to a gigantic catholic gathering doesn't seem like the best idea to me. So we didn't get very close. :)

It was a good week though, for the most part. Unfortunately it was the semana santa. Nobody seemed to want to talk to us. About half of our investigators who our super catholic were too busy to see us this week, getting ready for all the celebrations. And about all our future investigators as well. So there was about nobody to talk to this week! It was kind of awful. I'm glad the holidays are over for that reason. Either way though... It was a great opportunity to remember and think about the Atonement and remember that Christ does in fact live! He was resurrected and he lives today. It was a good week for that reason basically :)

Now getting to the subject line... Elder Levander is pregnant! What? Lemme explain. We got transfer calls last night, and it seems that I will be training this transfer! Elder Levander is going to give birth to my son! :D I got this subject line from that time when Amaya sent the same thing home when she trained a new missionary, by the way. But yeah... I guess I'm training. I've got a mixture of emotions right now... I've always wanted to train. But recently I've wanted less and less to train. When I got that call from President a few weeks ago with the "special transfers" that I was going to be getting a new missionary who was going to try out my area for 2 days before deciding to go home. When I got that call I felt a lot of responsibility getting put on me... And that's when I realized that I didn't really want it as much. It's going to be hard! Hopefully my hijo won't be on the verge of going home when I get him, but I still feel like this is going to be REALLY hard. I'm excited, but I just hope I can do this well. 

Funnily enough I'm pretty sure there's a new Elder Bingham that comes this transfer. It would be SO HILARIOUS if he was my son! I don't know where he's from or anything, but I'm pretty sure we're not very closely related. 

So we arrive to the end of the transfer. I'm sad to leave Elder Levander... We really had a good time together. 

That's about it for now though. Next week I'll let you guys know everything about my new little hijo! Love you all!

Elder Bingham

No comments:

Post a Comment