Monday, March 14, 2016

We did good

Dear people:

So it seems that everyone thinks I'm done with my mission now. Guys! I'm still here until August! Calm down. It's great to hear that Joci's home, but I've got a little ways. I'm pretty sure I'm just going to stay here in Argentina forever. Yep. That's what's going to happen. 

Well... It was a great week! I enjoyed it so much! Cause this week I didn't spend just walking around knocking doors for the entire day! I think we've finally reached the point in our area that we actually have many things to do every day and lots of people to try and visit. It's taken a TON of work. And talking to tons of people every day. But we're now seeing results. And that made me really happy! Wahoo! 

I don't know how these numbers seem to the rest of the world, but we had a total of like 10 lessons this week. And 3 new investigators! But we had a couple lessons with less actives, 1 with member, and the rest of them were just other lessons. (that was rather unfortunate, the fact that they weren't able to be with members) But hey, It's definitely a lot better than these last few weeks, where we ended with about 4 or 5 lessons or less. I think the trick is to just be patient, to not get discouraged, and keep working hard. So I thought that was a miracle this week. We're killing it here, in my opinion. 

And our investigator Maria is now reading the Book of Mormon on a regular basis! And that makes us happier than anything else. She had a hard time remembering to read every day, and so she wasn't really getting a clear answer to everything we're teaching. But now we send her scriptures to read every night, and she reads them, and she feels great when she reads, and now we're just hoping that she can use this new excitement to get her husband to read. He's a little trickier. So, we're working on that. 

And that's really about it. But it was a nice change. We were blessed this week. We did good!

Love you guys!

Elder Bingham

No comments:

Post a Comment