Saturday, December 5, 2015

It's Christmas time!

Hey guys! Sounds like a crazy week over there.... Gymnastics meets and choir concerts, decorating for Christmas... Blah. I've actually got to start helping prepare a Christmas party for the entire mission coming here soon... Speaking of Christmas. So that's fun. But I'm way excited for Christmas. We're already coming up on our third skype session! I'm excited. It should be pretty easy to do here from the offices.. And we probably won't have to worry about Internet problems, probably. 

And Jayson got invited to sing in Singers? That's cool. I suppose that means he sings pretty good. I personally never felt like doing that much choir, but it'd be way cool if he did! 

So first of all, I finally had Thanksgiving! Like last Sunday, but it was AMAZING! The Warners know how to make a really good Thanksgiving dinner. They even found turkey! And it was delicious. I have never enjoyed turkey more in my life, cause we don't eat it here! And then we had some mashed potatoes, stuffing, salad, fruit salad, and some homemade rolls from Elder Benedict. And then IMMEDIATELY after eating dinner and stuffing ourselves completely we ate the pie. Elder Cahoon made apple, Elder Hollis made pecan except with walnuts cause there aren't pecans here, one hermana made a sweet potato pie, Elder Ruesch made a trifle kind of thing, and I made 2 peanut butter pies. I'm pleased to say that my pies blew away the competition. They were INCREDIBLE. The problem was we didn't give ourselves any time at all to digest the dinner we just ate, and after eating my pie and a piece of the apple I was about ready to die. As was everyone else. But I am proud to say that everyone there ate a piece of my pie, and my 2 pies were gone before about half of any of the other ones were. I call that a win. 

So we're now in December! And we're coming up on Christmas! Have you all seen the new video from the church? I think it's "A Savior is Born" in English. Great video... We're working on sharing that message as a mission right now. I haven't gotten to do a lot with it yet personally, but we're working on it. And here in the offices right now we're just getting ready for the upcoming Christmas parties. We're splitting the mission into two days, cause there's 200 of us. We get to go to both, cause we're kind of the ones throwing the whole thing. The parties are on the 22 and the 23, so we've got a little while at least. I still don't know what we're doing yet though. Guess I'll find out here soon. 

And we had zone conference yesterday! It was one of my most favorite zone conferences, especially the training that President gave. First he told us something that I thought was very interesting. President believes, and all the leaders of the mission, stake and district presidents, and even Elder Soares that just came to our mission, unanimously agree that our mission has some of the most obedient and diligent missionaries that have been seen in awhile. And because of that, instead of talking about obedience and dropping cane on us about not being obedient this zone conference, we talked about something else: gratitude! President talked about having a better attitude in everything we do. With everything that happens to us, we either have the choice to laugh about it or to let it annoy us. So why let it annoy us? And so he challenged us as a mission to look for more blessings in our lives every day and to be more positive. In that way we can increase the faith and hope we have as a mission to acheive our goals. It was a pretty cool conference. 

That's about it for this week! It was great to hear from all you guys. Have a great week!


Elder Bingham


The meal! Delicious. 


Us enjoying the meal.

My peanut butter pie!
Me enjoying my peanut butter pie.

This is what we looked like after we were done eating..... 
I ate so much I thought I was going to explode out of my belly button pero en serio

No comments:

Post a Comment