Monday, June 13, 2016

Change is in the air?

Well hi everyone! How's it going?

Well, it was a good week here! Still working hard, Ricardo is still doing great :) That makes me happy. 

We're now on our last week of the 12 weeks program. Wut? That's crazy. But to be completely honest, I'm still struggling a bit with Elder Huaman. The biggest struggle probably being our unity in our teaching. It's really difficult to teach with him. I've tried really hard in companionship studies to work on that, (when we have them... He tends to sleep frequently during our ciesta studies) and we're doing everything for the 12 weeks program, and I've talked with him in companionship inventories about all of this, but just nothing seems to be working. He teaches great, he knows all the points of the lessons he has to cover, but we just always have these awkward transitions, and even though he knows the parts of the lessons he needs to teach, he seems to always bring up a different point than what I'm teaching. It's like we're teaching two different things at the same time. And I feel like I can teach a lot better with anyone I go on intercambios with than with my own comp, which is a little bit frustrating, cause I'm with him all the time to practice.

Sorry this letter is so depressing right now. The zone leaders Elder Cheney and Romero came to our area to help us out this week. Partly for all of this that's going on with him, and partly because our area has been really slow lately. We went on splits, and I went out with Elder Romero. Boy was it needed. It's so nice to have a friend like him so close. we talked about a lot of things, and how I can help him in this last week of the transfer. We'll see what happens in transfer calls. I secretly hope I find out what my last area in the mission is going to be this transfer, but we'll see. 

Anyway, I thought I'd let you know how I'm doing with that. Really he's doing great. He's a great missionary, he wants to be here, he's got a lot of boldness and he wants to talk to everyone. Sometimes I feel like the problem is mostly just me. That I still need to have more patience and charity. I find my self angry and frustrated a lot. I know I shouldn't beat myself up about it, but still. It's just frustrating that I haven't been able to figure it out yet. I'm trying to be more honest and blunt with him, trying to serve him more, love him more, forgive more, etc. Praying harder than I ever have in my life. I'm going to do it even more this week. 

Sorry for such a depressing letter... I didn't really know what else to write about. I love you guys though :)


Elder Bingham

zone conference last week! Forgot to send the pic

Baptism! These were some of my investigators in my last area, named Brenda and Lourdes. 
Elder Cheney and Elder Romero baptized them this week :D Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment