Monday, April 25, 2016

A week full of... Well... Stuff.

Well hello everyone! 

It was exciting to hear about your really boring week. I enjoyed every second of it. It was great. I was wondering when Jayson was going on choir tour. They usually do it sooner I thought. Hopefully he's having fun there. 

Well this week was full of... Well... Stuff. Like I said. We didn't spend a lot of time in the area this week it seemed like. Monday was P-day, Tuesday we had to go get flu shots and then interviews with President, and didn't get back to the area until 7 that night. And then on Wednesday night Elder Huaman randomly got sick and started throwing up. That was fun. My hijo can be a little bit pesado when he's sick, I learned. And he was sick until Thursday evening basically, and then we went to do a baptismal interview for some of the elders in the district. That was my first time doing that. I got to ask a 10 year old kid if he had ever committed any type of crime and if he knew what the law of chastity was. Basically I told him: "Get married with a woman when you're older. That's how God wants us to do it." And that's basically all he would understand at that age. It was fun. And then after the interview we went to a priesthood activity at the church. It was a big chorizo fest. Chorizos are sausages basically except they're gigantic and they're way better then the sausage in the states. Unfortunately, they didn't get the chorizos in the oven until really late, so we had to leave before they were done. Fortunately, Ricardo came! He's such a capo. He brought a sprite to share and everything. We left him in good hands. 

And then we went to teach Ricardo on Saturday. We basically just asked him about how he's been feeling about coming to church, reading, praying, etc. We wanted to figure out where his testimony was at. It was honestly one of the best lessons I've ever had. He told us that before we met him he felt like he had something missing in his life, and now he feels he's found it. He is really happy now, and he loves how he feels in the church, he likes how he feels about the Book of Mormon, and we were able to explain to him that all of those feelings he's had are coming from the Holy Ghost. And he's really got a testimony now it seems! We reminded him about the baptismal date we set for the 7th of May and he feels ready! It made me so happy!

So basically he just has to come to church one more time (he came this week!) and we have to finish teaching all the lessons. I'm really excited to teach him about family history temples this week. Based on what he's told us in the past I feel like teaching him this will solidify his testimony even more. We're so close! Keep praying for him!

That's about it. Love you guys!


Elder Bingham

me picking my nose.
Elder Levander gave me a box of mac and cheese last week! I LOVED IT.

I found an Adventure time thing at McDonalds!

So one of the elders in my district had his dad draw this. That's me!


No comments:

Post a Comment