Monday, July 25, 2016

Little tiny miracles

Well hey family!

So we're still getting used to the whole working-in-2-areas thing. But hey... We had a tiny bit of success this week. Our week wasn't completely lousy. Plus... I didn't get robbed! So, that's a bonus. 

Well, where to start? Honestly not much happened this week. But one really good thing did happen! So I'm not sure if I ever told you guys, but we've been teaching this part-member family for quite some time now. There names are Alberto, Diego, and Yassir. Alberto is the grandpa, Diego is the son, and Yassir is the grandson, and the nephew of Diego. Alberto and Diego are inactive members, and Yassir isn't a member. He's 12 years old. And he's super dope! He had a baptismal date for the 30th of July, but he went to Chile with his mom for winter vacations. So his baptismal date fell, because he hasn't come to church yet. So we haven't had contact with them for these last 2 weeks. But he got back on Friday! And so we went on taught them on Saturday, and put a baptismal date for the 20th of August, my last Saturday before I come home. His mom was there that night because she was the one who brought him from Chile, and we talked to her about everything, and she's not a member. But she gave her permission for him to be baptized! We came by to pick up Yassir on Sunday for church and left the baptismal record with her to sign, and we've got permission now. And Yassir came to church! So he's progressing super well! We're going to have a baptism for sure practically. I'm so excited! 

What else.... I don't really know! Ricardo's getting a little bit better. He still hasn't been able to come to church, and we haven't seen him either. But I talked to him on the phone this week and he's getting a little better, he's just busy going to the doctor like all the time. 

I get my final transfer call this week... I think President is going to leave me in my area. I hope. I've got an end of mission miracle baptism coming up. And I don't really want to go to a new area for 3 1/2 weeks. But I just hope he's able to make a change about the current rut we're stuck in, working in 2 areas. It complicates everything. The problem is that President has sent home a ton of missionaries this transfer, and there's a ton that are leaving at the end of the transfer, and the number of elders coming is about the same. So he won't be able to fill many areas back up. And he's closed a lot this transfer. There just aren't missionaries in the mission any more! Or at least a lot less than there should be. So I have no idea what President is going to do with me for this transfer, for that reason. I'm not making it easy for him either, cause I'm leaving early. We'll see what happens. 

But for now, I'm going to keep looking for the little tiny miracles like Yassir. The days have been hard recently because we haven't found much to do, but what we have we're holding onto. And I'm grateful for that at least. 

Love you guys! Have a great week!




Elder Bingham
We tried making chicken. It turned out okay.
Elder Yugsi is a goof. He bought these glasses and likes to scare the primary children



Selfie with some statues.

No comments:

Post a Comment